Bungoma Governor’s bodyguard, MCA injured
By Micah Sali | July 7th 2020
Two people were seriously injured yesterday as a function attended by Bungoma Governor Wycliffe Wangamati in Tongaren Constituency turned chaotic.
A bodyguard attached to Wangamati and Ford Kenya Nominated MCA Fred Musebe were seriously injured during the melee that lasted for about 45 minutes.
The governor had toured Tongaren market to officially open the office of a ward administrator when trouble started.
The crowd turned against the Assembly Deputy Majority Leader Elizabeth Tindi and Mr Musebe because of their frosty relations with the governor.
CEC steps aside after ouster
Elsewhere, Kisumu County’s Executive Member for Industrialisation Nerry Achar has stepped aside.
Achar yesterday wrote to Governor Anyang’ Nyong'o indicating he had opted to stay out of office to wait for a judicial process following his impeachment.
The move came barely hours before Assembly Speaker Elisha Oraro was to make a decision on an ad hoc committee which recommended Achar’s removal from office.
Last week, the County Assembly’s ad hoc committee had recommended removal of the CEC following pending issues over his appointment.
Additional reporting by Kevine Omollo
Emmanuel Korir wins Kenya's first Gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Kenya’s drought in women’s steeplechase goes on and on
- Athing Mu: 19-year-old Sudanese prodigy shining for USA at the Tokyo Olympics
- Factbox: Coronavirus cases at the Tokyo Olympics
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession