Woman Rep under probe over graft claim
By Nathan Ochunge and Micah Sali
| May 4th 2020
Bungoma Woman Representative Catherine Wambilianga (pictured) is under investigation over claims of abuse of office and misuse of funds.
According to Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, the Woman Rep is expected to shed more light on use of funds set aside for running her office and allegations that she has employed her relatives.
Yassin Amaro, a commissioner at the anti-graft body, yesterday said the agency received documents implicating Ms Wambilianga over gross misconduct.
“EACC has received the complaints and is investigating the matter,” said Amaro.
Part of the investigations involve employment of at least 20 workers who are allegedly related to the Woman Rep.
“We are investigating the payment of Sh329,578 drawn from salaries to pay for life insurance at a local firm for herself and relatives. Each of them has a life cover of approximately Sh110,000 payable every month,” said Amaro.
Contacted Ms Wambilianga declined to comment on the matter.
Honest matatu driver who returned Sh20,000 feted
- DP William Ruto donates Sh2m in Awendo, Migori, buys one umbrella at Sh20,000
By Brian Okoth
- Attorney General rejects varsity courses accreditation agreement
- Court throws out laws limiting top jobs to doctors
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Couple deported from China, charged with falsifying documents
- Wait for big announcement next week at Bomas, promises Gideon Moi
By Patrick Beja