Assembly question stalled governor's official house
| Jan 24th 2020 | 1 min read
The Kakamega County Assembly has raised concerns over delays in the construction of the official governor’s residence.
It is now four years since the county government commissioned the construction of the Sh66 million project in Lugari Sub-county, which has been receiving allocations each financial year.
The house has since stalled, with the assembly’s Public Accounts and Investments committee now demanding to know why
Led by chairperson and Bunyala East MCA Rodgers Nato, the committee has now taken to task the contractor for delaying the project that had been fully paid for.
Standoff over new girl's school angers communityEducation officials have threatened to close Father Erapu Girls Secondary in Lukolis, Busia County, unless it is dully registered.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Wiper party heads to court to nullify Azimio pact
- Girl who excelled in KCPE herds goats over lack of fees
- Ruto names Gachagua as running mate ahead of polls
- DCI identify suspect in KIMC student murder
- Teenager kills 10 in live-streamed racial attack in supermarket
- Perils of wash-wash, State capture and graft confirm Wanjiku's fears
By Edward Buri