Two killed in Mumias accident
By Chrispen Sechere
| July 20th 2019
Two people died on the spot after a motorcycle collided with a lorry on Mumias-Bungoma Road on Friday.
The boda boda rider and his two passengers died on the spot during the night collision at Kholera Bridge.
Witnesses said the driver of the Bungoma-bound canter lost control and collided with the cyclist.
Resident Joan Sinda said she was at home at around 9pm when she heard a bang and rushed to the scene.
"I was preparing supper for my family when suddenly I heard a bang," she said.
Mumias Police Commander Agnes Herbart said the owner of the car who escaped unhurt went into hiding.
She urged motorists to be careful and adhere to traffic rules.
The bodies were taken to St Mary’s Mumias Mission Hospital morgue.
Red meat concerns: What next for Kenyans?Experts reveal the best approach to buy fresh meat products in the market
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Kenya's ardent football fan Isaac Juma hacked to death
- NHIF patients won’t get services at private hospitals starting Monday
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Bizarre tale of woman in homicide-suicide saga who lived double life
- Where is Felista Nyamathira? Mystery of millionaire student's whereabouts
By Paul Ogemba
- Isaac Juma said his life was in danger
- Mudavadi: OKA principals demanded I give them NDC guest list in advance