Kakamega MPs hint at quitting Jubilee
By Alex Wakhisi | February 21st 2017
Two MPs have hinted at defecting from the ruling Jubilee Party to the Opposition.
The MPs, Emmanuel Wangwe (Navakholo) and Benjamin Washiali (Mumias East), said if Amani National Congress (ANC) leader Musalia Mudavadi was picked as the Opposition presidential candidate, they would have no option but to quit Jubilee.
"If Mr Mudavadi is endorsed to vie for the presidency on a National Super Alliance (NASA) ticket, I will have no option but leave Jubilee to support his bid. I will not stand in his way," said Mr Wangwe.
Speaking in Navakholo, the MP said while Jubilee had honoured the projects it promised, it would be hard for him to sell Jubilee in the region if Mudavadi was on the ballot.
Mr Washiali, who is Jubilee's point man in the county, hinted at the possibility of jumping ship if Mudavadi was named the NASA flag bearer.
Siaya politician Florence Aluodo dies
- Former Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo dies at 54
- Chris Kirubi: Business dealmaker to the last day
- How trip to Middle East ended up in a house in Thika
- KICC was once a 'compass' for locating places in town
- No degree? Forget elective positions next year - IEBC