NYAMIRA: Mokua wins Nyanza South race
By -Stanley Ongwae | February 1st 2014
By Stanley Ongwae
Athletes from Kisii County dominated this year’s Athletics Kenya South Nyanza cross country race as big names failed to turn up for the event. Edwin Mokua (top) led other competitors in the senior men’s 12km race in Nyamira.
Mokua, who is also the holder of Kebirigo half marathon title, won the race in 34:40.70 with the second place going to Robert Saoyo more than 15 seconds later. Saoyo clocked 34:55:87 ahead of Sammy Nyokeo, who also recorded a time of 34:08.87 to emerge third. Six of the best runners from each category will represent the region in the National Championships this month. Japan-based Geofrey Bundi finished in sixth.
Six foods that rev up your ‘engine’
- Maasai clan goes to court to stop Uhuru directive on disputed land
- Uhuru drops erstwhile loyalists as Raila joins kitchen cabinet
By Nzau Musau
- Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Jakoyo Midiwo to be buried in Siaya on Saturday
- Months after road crash Tuju meets matatu driver