DCI looking for thugs captured on CCTV shooting a bystander
By Vincent Kejitan | July 15th 2020
The DCI on Tuesday launched a manhunt for two gangsters who
were seen shooting a bystander in Eastleigh.
In the CCTV footage shared on social media, there seems to
be commotion outside a shop in Eastleigh’s 14th street before
onlookers scamper for safety.
It is at this point that a motorbike carrying two men speeds
in their direction and in the ensuing melee, a man falls to the ground.
The video was shared by a netizen who asked police to
investigate the matter and the DCI assured that they had already started
tracking the gangsters.
“Robbers shot someone in a botched robbery in Eastleigh 14th
street. These guys must be brought to book. @DCI_Kenya.”
The DCI also revealed that the man who was shot by the thugs
is in stable condition.
This comes just two weeks after two thugs were captured on
CCTV robbing a wines and spirits shop in Umoja Estate.
In the video, the two initially posed as customers before
one brandished a pistol and ordered the occupants to lie down.
They ransacked the drawers before leaving but no one was
injured during the incident.
Last month the DCI arrested four suspects in connection with
a robbery incident in Kilimani where a man lost his phone and laptop as he
headed to work.
The video had been widely shared on social media and the suspects were later smoked out of their hideouts in Kawangware, Gatina and Pangani.
Netherland’s Hassan beats Obiri to 5,000m gold in Tokyo
- Religion: Sunday is just a day for rest in Japan
- Welcome to Omanyala's world
- Olympics: Faith leads Chebet and Jebitok into 1,500m women semi-finals
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession