Police officer among those arrested after plan to withdraw Sh28.5million backfired
By Fay Ngina | July 5th 2020
including a police officer, were arrested on Saturday, July 4, after a plan to
withdraw Sh28.5 million an account held at KCB Bank-Busia town branch backfired.
Three suspects, Bhavin Ramesh, Vijay Jamnaday, and Desmond
Lusweti were arrested after detectives from the Directorate of Criminal
Investigations followed a discrepancy in a transaction form.
“Arrest of three suspects followed a discrepancy noted in
the transaction form presented to the branch manager that bore a different ID
No. to that of the account holder,” said the DCI.
After interrogating the three suspects, the detectives
arrested Police Constable Kipkirui Tanui attached at the Wilson Airport and
Alex Kimeli, an alleged businessman.
Constable Tanui and Kimeli, who been waiting in a getaway
car parked outside the banking hall, were trailed by the detectives and
arrested at Ahero in Kisumu County.
The five suspects were booked into custody as the detectives
continued with further investigations.
Knitting diver Tom Daley catches attention at Tokyo Olympics
- Abel Kipsang sets new Olympic record in 1,500m semis
- Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession