Man in Embu jailed for verbally abusing neighbour
By Fay Ngina | March 5th 2020
A man in Kithungururu village, Embu County, has been
sentenced for six months in jail after he pleaded guilty to insulting his
According to Citizen, 27-year-old Joshua Njiru Njeru
appearing before Embu Senior Resident Magistrate Jean Ndengeri, admitted to
calling his neighbour matako (buttocks) and other unprintable
Reporting the matter to the Manyatta police station, Lucy Wanjovi Gachingi accused the suspect of abusing and threatening to harm her.
Wanjovi told the court that she had gone to return a
borrowed rod from the suspect, and that is when Njiru starting insulting her.
She adds that the accused followed her home and threaten to
harm her, and thus, she resulted in going to the police.
Njiru, however, told the court that he was drunk when he
caused the disturbance on February 24, adding that he regrets his
He pleaded for leniency with the court but, he was handed
six months in jail or Sh5,000 bail.
Where is my kidney?
- Dreadful search and 26-hour drive with friend's burnt body
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- Family forced to bury son’s leg severed in strange attack
- Nancy Gitau: The iron lady behind Uhuru’s realpolitik
- Parliament set to pass BBI next week