Daniel Moi: The final salute
| Feb 11th 2020 | 1 min read
A memorial service in honour of Kenya’s second President Mzee Daniel Toroitich Arap Moi took place today at the Nyayo National Stadium.
The interdenominational service started at 10am and was attended by various dignitaries including Rwanda President Paul Kagame and South Sudan President Salva Kiir.
The procession of Mzee Moi’s body started at the Lee Funeral Home (8.30am) before proceeding to State House for a brief prayer session.
It then proceeded to Nyayo National Stadium via Kenyatta Avenue.
The gun carriage arrived at exactly 10.15am.
Here are the photos:
Daughter of ‘The Rock’ finally joins wrestlingSimone Johnson has started training ahead of her first event and she will amazingly become the fourth generation of her family to participate in the s
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Haroo Assimio... Karua meets Tiktoker mimicking her in viral video
By Betty Njeru
- Media coverage: Raila had 61 per cent compared to Ruto's 38 per cent
- Man returns from short call to find Sh5m gone
- Kakamega governor race: Court declines to lift orders barring gazettement of Malala
- Former CJ should hold his peace if he doesn't plan to vote
- Ruto, Raila to battle for 6.6m votes in 15 swing counties