A healthy prayer life communicating with God, leads to healthy communication with your spouse.
If you have a hot temper, it will ruin your communication as a couple. Have self-control over your tongue.
1. The communication of a couple gets richer when they talk about more than sex. Sex talk all the time is empty and boring.
2. Communication doesn't happen by accident. You two must invest in it.
3. The depth of a conversation depends on the subject matter. If all you talk about as a couple are pleasantries, house chores and to do lists. You need to go deeper.
4. No relationship/marriage can survive without communication.
5. Healthy communication requires honesty, no lies. No matter how hard it is. When you're honest, you reinforce your credibility.
6. The more you kiss, the warmer your communication as a couple.
7. It is not only about what you tell your spouse, but the tone with which you say it.
8. Great conversations need the right questions. Ask your spouse the right questions, show interest.
9. How you greet your spouse in the morning or when your spouse comes home, determines the quality of your conversation. A warm greeting ushers in a desire to talk.
10. The more you use curse words in your conversations the easier it is to show disrespect.
11. A healthy prayer life communicating with God, leads to healthy communication with your spouse.
12. If you have a hot temper, it will ruin your communication as a couple. Have self-control over your tongue.
13. Sometimes the best conversations are not spoken. Silence can be beautiful as you cuddle, stay in a room as you both work, read or just be. Enjoy each other’s silent company.
14. When you call your spouse with a loving name, "My love", "Darling", "Sweetheart"... It communicates love. Refrain from calling your spouse by his/her official name as you do your friends.
15. Intimate conversations are not rushed. Spend adequate time with your spouse.
16. Do not emotionally focus on another besides your spouse, it will negatively affect your communication with your spouse.
17. Ladies, the more you complain to your man that he doesn't spend time with you or talk to you like he used to, the more you will push him away. Inspire him to talk to you by being inviting, peaceful, drama free, light hearted and not fault finding.
18. Gentlemen, ladies interpret love through conversations. In fact, they fall in love and stay in love because of companionship which is evident in conversations.
19. When a man is into a woman, he will love talking and chatting with her. He will study her.
20. Healthy conversations boost your sex life as a couple and heighten intimacy.
21. Give eye contact when your spouse is talking to you. It shows respect.
22. Laugh together. Don't be too serious. It makes it easy to share the good and the bad.
23. Keep your spouse's secrets, don't judge or consider your spouse petty when he/she confides in you lest you discourage him/her from sharing things with you.
24. Even when you are too busy, say something warm and brief to your spouse. It keeps the flame alive.
25. Apologize when you're wrong. Take care of your spouse's feelings to make him/her feel comfortable with you.
26. Don't talk down at your spouse in a condescending way or ordering your spouse around if you don't want your spouse to avoid you. Talk with your spouse. Don't let your communication be one sided.
© Dayan Masinde
GET A COPY OF THE LOVE BOOK, "GOOD SEX BAD SEX", WRITTEN BY DAYAN MASINDE
STEP 1: MPESA Ksh. 300 to 0721590954
STEP 2: Text your email address to 0721590954
STEP 3: Receive the digital book in your email
STEP 4: Download and read on phone/computer
MOTO MOTO COUPLE SEMINAR
DATE: Sunday, February 9th 2020
VENUE: The August 7th Memorial Park Conference Hall in Nairobi (opposite Railways bus stage, next to Co-Operative Bank House)
TIME: 2:30pm to 6pm.
THEME: SEX AND INTIMACY where we will address the sexual and emotional health of your marriage and how it affects how you two relate.
CHARGE: 500 ksh per person.
Come with your spouse or come take notes for you and your spouse. To book your spot or for all enquiries call or text 0721590954
SPEAKER: DAYAN MASINDE. Organised by MARRIED & SAVED
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website