Before you introduce your spouse so proudly in public, make sure your spouse is proud of how you treat him/her in private.Before you walk holding hands with your spouse in public, make sure you hold hands even more in private.
People often talk about PDA: Public Display of Affection.
But before there is Public Display of Affection, there has to be Private Display of Affection.
1. Before you tell others how much you love your partner, tell your partner in private how much you love him/her.
2. Before you put up an unforgettable wedding that many will marvel at, make sure things are well between the two of you as a couple in private.
3. Before you go out wearing your wedding ring declaring you are married, make sure you believe in that marriage in private.
4. Before you pray for your spouse in public, make sure you pray with your spouse in private.
5. Before you introduce your spouse so proudly in public, make sure your spouse is proud of how you treat him/her in private.
6. Before you walk holding hands with your spouse in public, make sure you hold hands even more in private.
7. Before you post a "Happy Father's Day" or "Happy Mother's Day “post on social media celebrating your spouse, make sure you appreciate the parent your spouse is in private.
8. Before you save your spouse's contact as "Sweetheart", "Darling", make sure your spouse is not hurt by how you use your phone in private.
9. Before you take amazing family photos to hang and pose holding your spouse so closely for the pictures you post online saying "I love you honey", make sure you treat your spouse well in private.
10. Before you treat your spouse with respect, laughing with and serving him/her when visitors come to your home, make sure you treat your spouse the same when visitors are not around.
11. Before you speak loving words about your spouse during his/her funeral, make sure you showed your spouse love when he or she was alive.
If the impression you give of how you love your partner in public does not match how you treat him/her in public, if you treat your spouse better in public than in private, then it is all a show. True love shines brightest in private then its private brightness spills over to the public.
© Dayan Masinde
In my new book, MANHOOD SERIES, I demistify what being a man is and I address the man's sexuality, his faith, emotions, relations, thoughts, struggles and needs.
In my other new book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I talk how a woman can be the best her as an individual, a wife, a mother and a friend. I also address her needs and sexuality.
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
To purchase the WOMANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word WOMAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website