Man dies after winning chang’aa drinking competition
| Oct 10th 2019 | 1 min read
Michael Ouma, 37, who hails from Busia County, this week died after winning a chang’aa drinking competition.
It is reported that the deceased downed three glasses of the illicit brew in quick succession but passed out thereafter.
He beat a group of five but did not live to enjoy his ‘triumph.’
According to his mother Jackline Nabwire, Ouma left home on Wednesday morning and linked up with his friends at a nearby drinking den.
“My son had a drinking problem. He drank three glasses continuously,” said Nabwire.
He was pronounced dead at a local hospital and his body was taken to Sega Mission Hospital Mortuary.
Two of his friends were however treated and discharged.
Wiper party heads to court to nullify Azimio pact
- Girl who excelled in KCPE herds goats over lack of fees
- Ruto names Gachagua as running mate ahead of polls
- DCI identify suspect in KIMC student murder
- Teenager kills 10 in live-streamed racial attack in supermarket
- Perils of wash-wash, State capture and graft confirm Wanjiku's fears
By Edward Buri