If you never afforded to give me food, do not also afford to buy me a coffin
Let this letter be read before the crowd before you bury me
A student from a local university has penned a suicide note to his friends and family and has set out some conditions for his funeral.
According to the letter seen by Ureport, the man, only identified as Jared, claimed to be a student at Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, and said that his friends have been neglecting him.
“Since I joined this great institution, no one has ever seen the importance of helping me. I have become a great burden to people.
“Whenever I call them, no one responds. I have now seen it important to commit suicide and leave you in peace, he said.
He went ahead to set out five conditions for his funeral and asked those who will be involved to strictly observe them.
- Do not bury me in a coffin. Just put me directly in the soil. If you never afforded to give me food, do not also afford to buy me a coffin.
- Do not eat expensive meals. If you could not feed me when I was alive then do not have expensive food at my funeral.
- Take me to church for a memorial service.
- Let my convoy from the mortuary not be more than three vehicles. Sometimes I needed fare to go home and I walked. Where were you with those expensive vehicles.
- Let this letter be read before the crowd before you bury me.
He further thanked his parents and church and said he would be found dead in his house within six days.
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website