To conquer, succeed and thrive in life is not for the preserve of the man alone
Some doors will automatically open just because of your wife in your life
1. "Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” Genesis 3: 8-9.
LESSON: If anything happens to the marriage, God will question the husband. Husband, don't lose your place that God has to ask you "Where are you?"
2. The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.” Genesis 3: 12
LESSON: Often times when things go wrong or a husband cheats, he blames the wife. This is wrong. Take responsibility.
3. "Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living." Genesis 3: 20
LESSON: Husbands have a role to speak life into their wives. Do you speak into her future or do you call her a prostitute, lazy, fool?
4. "The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” Genesis 2: 18
LESSON: It is written helper, not helpers. That helper is not coming to do everything for you but to help in what you are already doing. So what are you doing as a husband? Don't be lazy.
5. "That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh." Genesis 2: 24
LESSON: One flesh meaning one wife. Honour your parents but keep a distance, don't let your parents interfere with your marriage.
6. "Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame." Genesis 2: 25
LESSON: Are you naked, transparent with your wife? Or do you hide, keep secrets, pretend, lie and do things you shouldn't behind the scenes?
7. "God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground." Genesis 1: 28
LESSON: To conquer, succeed and thrive in life is not for the preserve of the man alone. Don't fight your wife's dreams and success.
8. "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, " Genesis 4: 1
LESSON: Don't just have sex, make love to your wife. Intimacy is about knowing your wife, not just about your orgasms.
9. "But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16: 7
LESSON: Looking good and your material possessions are not as important as your heart and character.
10. "May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth." Proverbs 5: 18
LESSON: Enjoy the wife of your youth and age with her.
11. "He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord." Proverbs 18: 22
LESSON: Some doors will automatically open just because of your wife in your life. When favour comes, don't disown her.
12. "Still another said, ‘I have married a wife, so I cannot come.’ Luke 14: 20
LESSON: Don't neglect the service of God just because you are married.
13. "Which of you, wishing to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost to see if he has the resources to complete it? Otherwise, if he lays the foundation and is unable to finish the work, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, saying, ‘This man could not finish what he started to build.’ Luke 14: 28-30
LESSON: Don't start a family if you are not ready to run its full course.
14. "He also told them this parable: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit?" Luke 6: 39
LESSON: Check your friends. If you hang around lost men, they will make you lose your way.
15. "The person who sins will die The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself." Ezekiel 18: 20
LESSON: Stop mistreating your wife and blaming it on your father's sins. Your dad was his own man; you be your own man.
16. "Submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ." Ephesians 5: 21
LESSON: Many men ignore this verse which comes just before the one for wives to submit to their husbands. Submitting to one another means putting down the "I" so that there can be a "We". Put your ego aside.
17. "In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself." Ephesians 5: 28
LESSON: Loving your wife is looking out for your own interest.
18. "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands." Ephesians 5: 22-24
LESSON: Do you love her like Christ loves the Church? Christ's leadership style is gentle and centered on service, not dictatorial tendencies. Do you even know Christ to know how He loves?
19. "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish." Ephesians 5: 25-27
LESSON: Do you water your wife and present her to yourself? Do you take care of her? How your wife is, is a reflection of how you water her.
20. "You husbands likewise, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with a weaker vessel, since she is a woman; and grant her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered." 1 Peter 3:7
LESSON: Women being weaker vessel doesn't mean they are inferior but that you as a man can physically harm her and overpower her but don't. Don't beat her or abuse. Understand her and your prayers will not be hindered.
21. "For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword" Proverbs 5: 3-4
LESSON: An affair with another woman starts with excitement but leads to ruin.
22. "Keep to a path far from her, do not go near the door of her house, lest you lose your honor to others and your dignity to one who is cruel, lest strangers feast on your wealth and your toil enrich the house of another. Proverbs 5: 8-10
LESSON: An affair will waste your money and all you have invested as you get used and dumped.
23 "He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly." Acts 10: 2
LESSON: Lead your family in the ways of God. Be a prayerful husband. As for you and your house, serve the Lord.
24. "Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land." Proverbs 31: 23
LESSON: Are you respected? Do you bring admiration to your wife and family?
25. "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Proverbs 31: 28-29
LESSON: Do you praise your wife and compliment her? Do you speak blessings to her?
© Dayan Masinde
In my new book, MANHOOD SERIES, I walk with men towards understanding themselves and help women to understand men.
In my other new book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I walk with women towards understanding themselves and help men to understand women.
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
To purchase the WOMANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word WOMAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website