Police arrest student for drowning her three-day-old baby in a river
By Caleb O Kingwara | November 19th 2018
Police have arrested a 17-year-old form three student for allegedly drowning her three days old child in a river on Saturday.
According Migori county Police Commander Joseph Nthenge, the teenager was arrested when her family was preparing to bury the body of the infant following a tip off from a local administrator.
Nthege noted that police had questioned the girl to establish the motive behind the killing of the infant.
“She will be arraigned in court on Monday were she will be charged with murder,” Said Nthenge.
John Okombo, the area Assistant Chief told The Standard that the body of the infant was discovered at the banks of River Migori by a group of locals.
“The information we have is that the girl gave birth on November 14 at a Hospital in Migori town. She later decided to throw her baby in the river," said Okombo.
“The villagers who found the body at the river bank suspected the girl but when she was interrogated she accepted for committing the crime,” Said Chief Okombo.
Jubilee’s Joseph Githinji wins Muguga ward by-election
- Fugitive cop Caroline Kangogo found dead at her parents’ home
- We believe in God and the hustler nation, says UDA's Njuguna Wanjiku
By Too Jared
- The tight contest that was Kiambaa
By Brian Okoth
- President Uhuru condemns killing of environmentalist Joanna Stuchburry
- Kiambaa contest between Jubilee and UDA tight as results stream in
By Brian Okoth