‘Mean’ MP shocks residents with his contribution during a fundraising event
By Standard Reporter
| November 19th 2018
How mean can some politicians be? This is the question some residents of a constituency in western Kenya are asking themselves after their MP contributed an amount of money considered to be ‘too little’ at a harambee.
The little known first term MP sent a contribution of Sh10,000 during an event meant to raise funds for a deceased constituent, whose body had been detained at a hospital over a huge bill.
A relative of the late man politely declined the donation by the lawmaker, noting that it was too little considering that the bill was over Sh1 million.
The matter has generated heated debate on social media groups.
Man lynched after killing lover's sonResidents of a Naivasha estate woke up to a rude shock after a man went berserk killing his lover’s son before irate members of the public lynched him
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Eyes on president as he hosts succession front-runners
- Mwangi Kiunjuri calls for referendum in 100 days of next government
- Ndichu brothers respond to viral confrontation video
By Jael Mboga
- Uhuru breaks silence on Mt Kenya politics
- Court orders murder suspect Jowie not to live or work out of hometown
By Paul Ogemba
- DPP seeks to drop charges against six in Arror, Kimwarer dams case
By Paul Ogemba