Shock as Jiko kills three family members in Narok
By Mercy Kahenda | September 9th 2018
Three family members have died in what is suspected to be carbon dioxide poisoning in Mau Narok.
The three, a mother aged 40 together with her two nieces, both in their 20s were found dead in their rented house on Friday.
Her daughter, who survived is undergoing treatment at the Nakuru Level Five Hospital.
“The woman and her nieces suffocated in their house while her daughter is nursing injuries in hospital,” said Peter Kimani, a neighbour.
Nakuru Police Commandant Hassan Barua said a jiko is likely to have led to the deaths.
“The victims were discovered after they failed to report to their place of work,” Mr Kimani said.
Together with neighbours, they broke into their house and found the trio’s bodies lying on the floor.
“The daughter is believed to have tried to find help during the night incident because she was found unconscious near the door,” said Kimani.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Africa's "jiko" stove [Courtesy]
Justice Ouko village known for breeding top legal minds
- Parents worry long holidays will expose learners to harm
- Southern Bypass crash victim identified
By Mate Tongola
- Missing Kitengela man’s family says kin was a businessman
- Ruto allies dismiss BBI as MPs take a vote on the Bill
- SRC approves new allowances for regional heads, chiefs
By Allan Mungai