Matiang'i announces Friday a public Holiday
By Fay Ngina | June 13th 2018
Interior Cabinet Secretary Dr. Fred Matiang'i on Tuesday 12 June announced that Friday 15 June will be a public Holiday.
Dr. Matiangi made the announcement through a Gazette notice.
This holiday is to give all Kenyans who profess the Islamic Faith an opportunity to prepare for the Idd-Ul-Fitr which will take place on Saturday, June 16.
“In exercise of powers conferred by Section 3 of the Public Holidays Act, Friday, the 15th June 2018 shall be a public Holiday in order to accord all Kenyans and persons who profess the Islamic Faith the opportunity to make preparations to mark Idd-Ul-Fitr on Saturday, 16th June 2018,” read the Gazette notice.
Ruto allies dismiss BBI as MPs take a vote on the Bill
- Justice Ouko village known for breeding top legal minds
- How Uhuru, Raila clipped BBI attack
- National Assembly passes BBI bill
By Jael Mboga
- SRC approves new allowances for regional heads, chiefs
By Allan Mungai
- Stop speculating on when KCSE results should be out: Magoha
By Brian Okoth