- Miguna is an outspoken politician and that the former Nairobi gubernatorial candidate
- He recently confirmed that he is part of National Super Alliance (NASA)
When you hear the name Miguna Miguna, the first thing that comes on your mind is an outspoken politician especially on social media and that he is the former Nairobi gubernatorial candidate. Here are seven interesting things you did not know about him;
1. Miguna Miguna was a student leader at the University of Nairobi 1986 to 1987.
2. He was arrested and detained for championing multi-party democracy in 1987. He was later expelled from the university.
3. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Philosophy from the University of Toronto. He also has a Juris Doctor (JD) from The Osgoode Hall Law School of York University and a Master of Laws (LLM) degree from the same school.
4. Miguna became the Coordinator of the Committee for Democracy in Kenya (CDK) between 1989-1994.
5. He served as a senior adviser and chief strategist for the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) and its party leader, Hon Raila Odinga between 2006 and 2009. He has also been a commentator on cultural and socio-political affairs.
6. Miguna has published six books including the popular ‘Peeling Back The Mask: A Quest for Justice in Kenya’ in 2012 and ‘Kidneys for The King: deForming the Status Quo in Kenya’ in 2013.
7. He was detained during former president Moi’s regime due to his political activism.