- Raila Odinga, NASA flagbearer, lost the presidential seat to President Uhuru Kenyatta on August 2017.
- Mr Odinga was made Prime Minister of Kenya in 2013 after losing the presidential seat to Kenya's former president Mwai Kibaki.
I must appreciate that Raila Odinga has been fighting for the democracy in the country for a long time but that does not qualify him to be the best man for the top job, that is the president of Kenya.
Raila is a man who always criticises the government and for that reason, he is best suited to be the Opposition leader. His boldness makes him the best leader in terms of mobilisation of resources and not a good planner of the same resources as many may try to think.
Raila has been in politics for many years but he has always made the same mistakes from time to time:
1. He does not keep potential political friends e.g he lost his Pentagon team that enabled him to get the title Prime Minister, one of them being the Deputy President William Ruto.
2. He has over trusted some individuals around him for a long time who sometimes seem to be misleading him in terms of party policy formulation and external relations.
3. He in most cases assumes that people are tired of being led by one tribe for long and hence they will vote in anyone who offers himself for presidency.
4. His supporters have not mastered the requirements for State House, that it's through votes one gets there.
5. One reason NASA did not make it is because most of its supporters travelled to upcountry where they had not registered as voters making it easier for the Jubilee party to joyride easily and overtook without much strain.
As a youth in Kenya who celebrates the good work baba Odinga has done, I just want to give him a very sincere advise that it's time he hands over the leadership of ODM party to a youthful management and simply remain as the main advisor.