Is it time to bring our troops back home?
By Carol Wangari
| February 1st 2017
Could it be that the time is finally here for our military troops to come back home from Somalia?
The Friday attack has raised many questions about the reality on Somalian soil, especially as Opposition leader Raila Odinga claimed that tens of Kenya Defence Forces soldiers were killed.
So far, there have been two known Al Shabaab attacks against Kenyan military bases. And twice, the Government has failed to make it clear to the public how many soldiers were slain.
These men are sons, spouses and fathers. With this in mind, relevant information is paramount.
In addition, claims by donors that corruption is rife within KDF should be investigated. Members of Amisom should sit and discuss who is carrying this bug.
Man who walked 230km to attend Mashujaa celebrations left stranded at hotel
- Kiraitu Murungi party to endorse Governor Muriithi as Raila deputy
- You will pay Sh5,000 for not using city footbridges
- Uhuru, Ruto in a show of comradeship at Mashujaa Day Celebration
- The two women in Ndichu twins altercation speak out
- 10-year boy fighting for life, two women arrested after an attempted exorcism