Is it time to bring our troops back home?
By Carol Wangari | February 1st 2017
Could it be that the time is finally here for our military troops to come back home from Somalia?
The Friday attack has raised many questions about the reality on Somalian soil, especially as Opposition leader Raila Odinga claimed that tens of Kenya Defence Forces soldiers were killed.
So far, there have been two known Al Shabaab attacks against Kenyan military bases. And twice, the Government has failed to make it clear to the public how many soldiers were slain.
These men are sons, spouses and fathers. With this in mind, relevant information is paramount.
In addition, claims by donors that corruption is rife within KDF should be investigated. Members of Amisom should sit and discuss who is carrying this bug.
Ruto, Raila and Matiang’i lock horns in Bonchari by-election
- Wasted in jail, confused in freedom
- 19-year-old boy charged with defiling girl three years younger
- Quick facts on the Bonchari by-election
- What you need to know about the Juja by-election
- Microsoft now says it investigated Gates' involvement with employee