Helb should stop deceiving students
By enock mukila | January 11th 2016
The Higher Education Loans Board has tremendously contributed towards assisting students from families engulfed in destitution to acquire higher education.
HELB's efforts are appreciated thus far. However, they have devised mechanisms of tricking university students with the funds. Information posted on their websites and channelled to emails of students confirmed that loans had been wired to their accounts by December 17 last year. Students were infuriated after finding out that the money was not in their accounts. Students use HELB cash to pay their fees and cater for their basic needs. Once disbursement is delayed, they suffer. Some even defer since university adminstrations bar them from sitting exams over fee balances settlement, mainly stemming from HELB inconveniences.
Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda
- Good news as government slashes secondary school fees
- Mt Kenya leaders reassure Raila on 2022
- I'm ready to face your coalition, DP Ruto now tells Uhuru and Raila
- Nairobi County loses Sh400m in parking fees after KRA take over