Music fete a good forum to unify us
By Kihiu Mugo | August 14th 2015
The ongoing Kenya Schools and Colleges National Music Festival in Kisumu continues to amplify the fact that music and poetry will always remain effective tools for promoting national values and social cohesion.
In the various performances, songs and verses from various categories have echoed strong messages on the need for people to practise positive values and promote national unity.
Further, communities continue to be urged to stay in harmony irrespective of their ethnic, religious, gender, racial or even generational differences.
Kudos to our students and directors of the various items for reminding us that in addition to our treasured diversity, we are still one and we need one another for a prosperous and cohesive nation.
Mud thwarts man’s attempt to dump lover’s body
- Man arrested stark naked, appears in court in policewoman’s clothes
- Bandits kill KDF soldier in night attack at military camp in Baringo
- Committed teacher ‘won’t be punished by TSC’
By Brian Okoth
- Intellectual moment at CJ interview
By Too Jared
- School records over 90 pupils with 400 marks and above