Let's protect our wetlands to save key water sources
On February 2, Kenya will join the world in celebrating the World Wetlands Day, a day set aside to create awareness on the importance of wetlands.
By Jeckonia Otieno | 2 years ago
More proactive approach required to effectively stamp out cholera
The current cholera outbreak and the reaction from the Ministry of Health betray a lack of seriousness in tackling a disease that has over the years claimed many lives across the country. The Health ministry is trying to run ahead of time; it is not taking an approach that guarantees positive results. For instance, as a first measure, withdrawing the licenses of food handlers can hardly arrest the situation. A more proactive approach is called for.
The Standard | 4 years ago
Rift Valley rivers in danger as loggers descend on forest
The rivers draining into Lake Baringo are now on the verge of drying up, their water levels substantially reduced as protected cartels armed with axes cut trees day and night.
Vincent Mabatuk | 5 years ago
Catholic church threatens to return Simba Arati’s Sh100,000 donation
By Eric Abuga
- Court upholds Kinoti’s four-month jail term
- Willy Mutunga: Ruto is a rich man who cuts an image of political hustler
- Court slaps Kamiti Prison escapees with additional 15-month jail term
- Wavinya, Makau clash in church harambee
- New look KTN News: The thinking behind the new logo