Volkswagen shareholders question bonuses in wake of US scandal
The German company agreed to pay $4.3 billion in civil and criminal fines in a settlement with the US Department of Justice (DoJ) on Wednesday, the largest ever US penalty levied on an automaker.
By Reuters | 4 years ago
Good news for shareholders in new Companies Act
It is not uncommon for some companies to act in total disregard of shareholders’ interests, sparking sometimes long-running wrangles. But this kind of corporate impunity may become a thing of the past once the new Companies Act, 2015, becomes operational.
Dominic Omondi | 5 years ago
Where is my kidney?
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- How KBC staffer’s killing occurred
By Brian Okoth
- Revealed: Raila's offer to DP Ruto
- Three-minute burial shocker in Turkana
By Mike Ekutan
- Kenei: Twists and turns of high-profile murder