All that glitters is not gold: Miners suffer effects of using mercury
Prolonged exposure to mercury and sodium cyanide used in gold extraction causes damage to the nervous, digestive and immune systems.
By Nathan Ochunge | 2 months ago
Miners get Sh800 million from UNDP for modern equipment
Many small-scale miners within the Lirhanda Corridor, which is rich in gold deposits, use mercury amalgam to speed up the process of extracting gold.
Nathan Ochunge | 4 months ago
Two petitioners file case seeking to block ODM boss from vying for top seat
- Lawyer Ahmednasir Abdullahi: Why I can’t support Raila Odinga
- PS clears the air on transition of students to junior high school
By James Omoro
- Juja: ‘Revenge message’ written on body of woman found stashed in suitcase
- Section of Thika-Garissa Road to be closed for 77 days
- Jimi Wajingi claims Raila Odinga fall-out has led to his woes