Over 1.3b tonnes of food going to waste annually due to poor post-harvest handling
More than a third of the food produced in the world for human consumption is lost or wasted before it reaches shops from the farms.
By James Wanzala | 7 years ago
State must act now to check food wastage
Early this month, when Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Felix Koskei issued licences to some individuals to import sugar ostensibly to cover a deficit in the local market, claims emerged that the Government had also issued licences for the importation of 60,000 tonnes of maize from Tanzania when there was no need to do so.
Editorial | 7 years ago
Cate Waruguru: Be assured that I'll still be an MP in the next Parliament
By Betty Njeru
- An indecent proposal and a public rebuff
By Peter Kimani
- Serial shop lifter caught stealing maize flour again
- Two bright sisters fail to join Form One over lack of fees
By Marion Kithi
- Top KCPE triplets stranded as half term break nears
- Mudavadi: ICT ministry, CA have conspired to rig Raila in
By Brian Okoth