Fire leaves 14 families homeless
By NIKKO TANUI
| January 7th 2014
By NIKKO TANUI
Fourteen families were left homeless after a fierce fire gutted their homes at Mabatini estate in Brooke trading centre, Kericho.
According to Kericho County police boss Rose Muchuma, the Sunday 6pm incident began when a motorcycle, which was being repaired outside one of the houses caught fire and exploded.
She said the flames were quickly contained from spreading to other houses by the Kericho Fire Brigade. Betty Koech, a victim, said she lost everything in the inferno and appealed to well wishers to assist her and other victims.
“The fire started as I was taking a shower and I was not able to salvage anything from the burning houses,” said Koech. Kapkugerwet County Representative Samwel Ng’etich donated Sh10,000 to the victims to buy food and other essentials.
Security team escapes death from explosive hurled at their vehicleAn explosion rocked Diani police station, Kwale County sparking panic among residents smarting from last week’s discotheque grenade blast that injured 10 people.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Uhuru to open historic park on Jamhuri Day
- Maranda High School dormitory on fire again
By Isiah Gwengi
- Glowing tributes for tycoon Kibe as a visionary, mentor
- Pastor Ng’ang’a’s TV station banned from live broadcast
By Betty Njeru
- ODM candidates in Mount Kenya upbeat as support for Raila soars
- Former PS buried in private ceremony two days after death