× Sports Football Rugby Olympics Volleyball and Handball Cricket Boxing Golf Hockey Tennis Gossip & Rumours World Cup 2018 Basketball Athletics Sports Premier League Eliud Kipchoge Women in Sports Unique Sports Opinion Videos Podcasts E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Jobs Games Crosswords Sudoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
×
SPORTS

Cristiano Ronaldo rape accuser demands Sh8 billion in damages for 'pain and suffering'

GOSSIP & RUMOURS By Mirror | April 29th 2021
Football - Champions League - Group G - Juventus v Ferencvaros - Allianz Stadium, Turin, Italy - November 24, 2020. Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo during the warm up before the match. [REUTERS/Massimo Pinca]

Cristiano Ronaldo’s rape accuser is claiming for £56million (Sh8 billion) in damages.

Newly released courts documents reveal the amount former model Kathryn Mayorga is seeking after accusing the footballer of sexually assaulting her in a Las Vegas hotel room after meeting on a night out in 2009.

She wants £18m for “past pain and suffering”, £18m for “future pain and suffering” and £18m in punitive damages.

The 37-year-old’s expenses rack up to £1.4m with legal fees of £1.1m giving a total of £56.5m – equal to two years of the Juventus star’s salary.

Ronaldo, 36, ­vigorously denies Mayorga’s claims.

In 2010 she accepted $375,000 (£270,000) as part of an out-of-court non-disclosure settlement.

Kathryn Mayorga in 2014. [Photo: Getty Images]

But three years ago, Mayorga filed a civil lawsuit in Las Vegas saying she had been “mentally incapacitated” when she agreed to it and signed it under duress.

Her legal team has filed a list of more than 60 witnesses they want to testify.

They include British former Big Brother star Jasmine Lennard, 35, who claims she dated the former Manchester United ace 10 years ago.

Also on the list are three police officers who investigated the original complaint, Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli, ­Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes and adviser Andy Quinn.

Ronaldo has said: “I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me.

"Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.”

 Ronaldo poses with the trophy for player of the century at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards ceremony in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Sunday, Dec. 27, 2020. [Fabio Ferrari/LaPresse via AP]
Share this story
Billionaire says he has the money to buy Arsenal
Thousands of fans protested outside Emirates Stadium last week after the club's failed attempt to form a breakaway Super League with...
British sport unites to support football in social media boycott
English cricket and Premiership Rugby on Wednesday announced they will join football's social media blackout this...
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS
Feedback