Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho has been handed a suspended one-match European competition ban, UEFA said on Friday.
The Portuguese coach was deemed to be responsible for the late kickoff of Spurs’ Europa League match at Royal Antwerp on Oct. 29.
UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body said the ban is deferred for a probationary period of one year.
Tottenham were also fined 25,000 euros ($29,565) for the late kickoff plus 3,000 euros for a breach of UEFA’s equipment regulations.
Spurs lost the match 1-0 in Belgium but top Group J on goal difference, ahead of Antwerp and LASK Linz.
- READ MORE
- Mourinho unhappy at Spurs' lack of ambition
- FKF league: Vihiga upset champions Gor Mahia
- Champs GSU disarm rivals: Moim and Wisa looking forward to reunion with champions Kenya Prisons
- Otula retains Kenya Basketball Federation top seat
- Polo: Jadini leads Twiga to finals of Soldiers Salute tournament
- Athletics: Impressive Ferguson and Otieno dominate AK relays meeting