FIFA President Gianni Infantino has tested positive for COVID-19, global soccer’s governing body said on Tuesday.
Infantino, who is 50 years old, has reported mild symptoms and is in self-isolation and will quarantine for at least 10 days, FIFA added in a statement .
“All people who came into contact with the FIFA President during the last few days have been informed accordingly and they are being requested to take the necessary steps,” the statement said. “FIFA sincerely wishes President Infantino a speedy recovery.”
- READ MORE
- Work permits needed for EU players under Premier League post-Brexit rules
- Team Glock retain title as Team Ceska Zbrojovka finish second
- Veteran runners now own schools in their counties
- Jones seals progress for depleted Liverpool with win over Ajax
- Player receives death threats after refusing to honour Maradona
- Bandari cheerful after winning start in new season