FIFA President Gianni Infantino has tested positive for COVID-19, global soccer’s governing body said on Tuesday.
Infantino, who is 50 years old, has reported mild symptoms and is in self-isolation and will quarantine for at least 10 days, FIFA added in a statement .
“All people who came into contact with the FIFA President during the last few days have been informed accordingly and they are being requested to take the necessary steps,” the statement said. “FIFA sincerely wishes President Infantino a speedy recovery.”
- READ MORE
- German FA to review state of national team on December 4
- Suspension of African football boss opens field for new faces
- Burnley get first win with Wood strike against Palace
- England to allow 4,000 fans at elite events in lowest-risk areas
- Champions League: Why Messi was left out of Barcelona's squad to face Dynamo Kyiv
- Arsenal, Leeds condemn online abuse of Pepe, Alioski