Fourteen team members and staff of Serie A side Genoa have now tested positive for COVID-19, the club said in a statement on Monday.
Genoa had reported at the weekend that their Denmark midfielder Lasse Schone and goalkeeper Mattia Perin had contracted the virus.
"Genoa CFC announce that after today’s tests, the number of COVID-19 positive employees has risen to 14 team members and staff," the club said on their website www.genoacfc.it.
“The club has activated all the procedures according to the protocol and informed the authorities. The club will provide updates as the situation evolves.”
Genoa did not name the players affected.
- READ MORE
- Tiger Woods seeking record-setting 83rd PGA Tour victory
- Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes can break records in Portugal
- Barcelona initiate new round of pay cuts despite player opposition
- PSG 1-2 Man United: Rashford strikes late winner in Paris
- Kimanzi gone again…FKF set to unveil new Harambee Stars coach today
- Pele releases a song about a football curse
Genoa lost 6-0 at Napoli on Sunday and are due to play Torino at home next Saturday.