Fourteen team members and staff of Serie A side Genoa have now tested positive for COVID-19, the club said in a statement on Monday.
Genoa had reported at the weekend that their Denmark midfielder Lasse Schone and goalkeeper Mattia Perin had contracted the virus.
"Genoa CFC announce that after today’s tests, the number of COVID-19 positive employees has risen to 14 team members and staff," the club said on their website www.genoacfc.it.
“The club has activated all the procedures according to the protocol and informed the authorities. The club will provide updates as the situation evolves.”
Genoa did not name the players affected.
- READ MORE
- Ronaldinho tests positive for COVID-19
- Hamilton overtakes Schumacher as the most successful Formula One driver of all time
- Meet the first Kenyan woman to oversee a football election in Kenya
- Gunners flex out at shooting contest
- Southampton deserved win but red card was a joke, says Everton's Ancelotti
- Wakhu, Chinhoi in Safari Tour Series dream starts
Genoa lost 6-0 at Napoli on Sunday and are due to play Torino at home next Saturday.