Arsenal have re-signed Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos for a second season-long loan after a successful first spell last term, the Premier League club announced on Friday.
Ceballos played 37 times for the north London club last season, sealing his place as a key midfielder in the starting lineup in the second half of the campaign following the appointment of Mikel Arteta as coach.
The 24-year-old Spain international also played a key role in the club’s FA Cup title run, scoring a late winner in their quarter-final victory at Sheffield United.
“Dani was an integral part of our team last season and finished the season in excellent form,” Arteta said in a statement.
“I love Dani’s passion and commitment and he’s a highly skilful player. We’re all delighted to welcome him back and we look forward to seeing him pick up where he left off.”
- READ MORE
- Wolves manager provides update on Raul Jimenez after clash of heads with David Luiz
- Arsenal fans in Naivasha kill man for mocking them after loss to Wolves
- Mikel Arteta speaks on Arsenal future
- Wolves striker Jimenez taken to hospital with head injury
- Wolves hang on for 2-1 victory at Arsenal
- Arteta: Arsenal a few transfer windows away from mounting title challenge
The news follows Arsenal’s capture of Chelsea winger Willian on a free transfer and Lille centre back Gabriel Magalhaes earlier this week.
Arsenal, who finished eighth last season, started their campaign with a penalty shootout victory over Liverpool in the Community Shield and begin their league campaign at newly-promoted Fulham on Sept 12.