Arsenal have re-signed Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos for a second season-long loan after a successful first spell last term, the Premier League club announced on Friday.
Ceballos played 37 times for the north London club last season, sealing his place as a key midfielder in the starting lineup in the second half of the campaign following the appointment of Mikel Arteta as coach.
The 24-year-old Spain international also played a key role in the club’s FA Cup title run, scoring a late winner in their quarter-final victory at Sheffield United.
“Dani was an integral part of our team last season and finished the season in excellent form,” Arteta said in a statement.
“I love Dani’s passion and commitment and he’s a highly skilful player. We’re all delighted to welcome him back and we look forward to seeing him pick up where he left off.”
- READ MORE
- Arsenal seek UEFA Europa League boost
- You are repeating Emery’s mistakes – Arteta warned
- Scoring machine: Vardy header gives Leicester first win at Arsenal in 47 years
- From 'assist king' to nobody: The highs and lows of Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil
- Leicester boss Rodgers says he'd treat Ozil the same way Arteta has done
- Five players could miss EPL clash with Leicester City - Arsenal confirm
The news follows Arsenal’s capture of Chelsea winger Willian on a free transfer and Lille centre back Gabriel Magalhaes earlier this week.
Arsenal, who finished eighth last season, started their campaign with a penalty shootout victory over Liverpool in the Community Shield and begin their league campaign at newly-promoted Fulham on Sept 12.