×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Smart Minds Choose Us
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

AC Milan announce no first team virus cases

Zlatan Ibrahimovic holds an AC Milan jersey as he acknowledges his fans outside the AC Milan team headquarters, in Milan, Italy, Friday, Jan. 3, 2020. The 38-year-old striker was presented by AC Milan after signing a deal until the end of the season with an option to extend for another year. [Spada/LaPresse via AP]

AC Milan revealed on Saturday that none of their first-team footballers or staff had tested positive for coronavirus, a day after the club's president said that some players were recovering from the disease.

In a statement, the seven-time European champions said that "based on the medical tests carried out so far on both the first team players and staff, there have not been any positive cases of Covid-19".

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Bold Reporting Takes Time, Courage and Investment. Stand With Us.
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in