×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Kenya’s Boldest Voice
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

Morocco’s attacking midfielder Hakim Ziyech happy that his future at Chelsea is secure

Hakim Ziyech signed a five-year contract, starting next season, with Chelsea in February after a move from Ajax Amsterdam. [Photo: Courtesy]

Morocco’s attacking midfielder and new Chelsea signing Hakim Ziyech has said he is grateful that his future in the Premier League was secured before the coronavirus pandemic wreaked havoc in the football world.

Ziyech told the Dutch daily Algemeen Dagblad on Friday that he was never concerned his circumstances might change after the suspension of football in England last month.

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Bold Reporting Takes Time, Courage and Investment. Stand With Us.
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in