Ex-Liverpool left-back John Arne Riise and daughter involved in road accident
Former Liverpool Norwegian left-back John Arne Riise and his daughter on Tuesday night, April 7 were the victims of a road accident in Norway.
According to English news outlet The Independent, Riise (39) was reportedly driving his 19-year-old daughter Ariana home from Tonsberg to Alesun, when he was forced to swerve in an attempt to avoid an obstacle on the road.
His efforts saw the vehicle slide off the road into the side railings.
Riise and Ariana were immediately rushed to the hospital after police found them conscious.
“He drove her home to Alesund, and just before they arrived, something on the road caused John Arne Riise to quickly turn left, and drive into the road rails. Both are well under the circumstances, they will remain in the hospital until this morning,” Riise’s agent Erland Bakke told Norwegian outlet press.
Sky Sports on Wednesday, April 8 confirmed the pair had been released from hospital, having been taken there as a precautionary measure.
Riise joined Liverpool form French outfit Monaco in 2001.
He rose up the football ranks at the Kop following his impressive debut, scoring in a 3-2 win over Bayern Munich UEFA Super Cup at the Stade Louis II on 24 August 2001.
He scored 21 goals for The Reds in 334 appearances.
He moved to Italy (AS Roma) in 2008, where he scored 11 goals in 136 games.
He returned to the Premier League three years later with Fulham, making 87 appearances.
He then moved to Cyprus-based APOEL in 2014 before joining India’s Delhi Dynamos in 2015.
He has also plied his trade is several clubs including short stints at Norwegian Football Club Aalesund, India’s Chennaaiyin and Rolon.
He is Norway’s most-capped player, with over 100 appearances.
- Ronaldo names Messi as favourite player to watchFootball 1 day ago
- FKF polls: Football players want a quick resolution to poll crisis and credible exerciseFootball 1 hour ago
- Liverpool’s training return a massive lift for KloppFootball 1 day ago
- MLS players send new restart proposal to leagueFootball 2 days ago
- Chelsea stars take the knee as Premier League stars lead way on Blackout TuesdayFootball 7 hours ago
- Athletics: Stars dust spikes in readiness for epic race on June 11Athletics 1 hour ago
- Fans could return for 20-21 season, says Premier League chiefFootball 2 days ago