KPL reassures stakeholders following Sports Tribunal ruling on FKF elections
The Kenyan Premier League has moved to re-assure its partners of smooth operations in the wake of a Sports Disputes Tribunal ruling that has seen the Football Kenya Federation packing.
In a statement to the media yesterday, the KPL said its functions and mandate are unaffected by the ruling.
“The KPL is well informed of the decision of the Sports Disputes Tribunal delivered yesterday (Tuesday) by chairman Mr. John Ohaga, which decision has far-reaching implications on the status of football in Kenya,” the statement released yesterday said.
It added: “KPL wishes to re-affirm that as the country awaits direction from world football governing body - Fifa, on the way forward as ordered by the SDT it remains fully operational and committed to ensuring the league is not unduly hampered by the aftermath of the ruling.”
“We wish to assure our partners and sponsors that all is well and none of our obligations or programs will be adversely affected as a result of the decision of the SDT,” the statement read.
KPL also said the League appreciates the invaluable support and cooperation football stakeholders have accorded clubs in the wake of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic which has affected the normal KPL calendar.
“The KPL Governing council (the Shareholders) will meet soon to discuss a way forward and look at options available once the 30 days period elapses and after the review of the Covid-19 by the Kenya Government and the Ministry of Health,” he said.
- Dortmund's Sancho, Akanji fined for getting haircuts without face masksFootball 15 hours ago
- Solskjaer talks up Man Utd mentality ahead of Spurs matchFootball 16 hours ago
- NBA legend Jordan donating sh10 billion to social justice groupsBasketball 12 hours ago
- Coronavirus restrictions have a knee on the neck of the sportGolf 1 day ago
- Southampton forward Djenepo aiming to be better than Sadio ManePremier League 2 days ago
- Top 10 boxers of all time unveiled as Mike Tyson fails to make star-studded listBoxing 2 days ago
- Man City set for lengthy UEFA ban appeal - leading to Premier League confusionPremier League 2 days ago