Bundesliga kicks off youth training program in Kenya
The German Bundesliga on Friday kicked-off its Youth Ambassador Program in Kenya at the MYSA Complex, Kangundo Road, Nairobi.
Over 35 youth aged between 18 and 35 will be involved in the one and a half year-long program that will help grow grass-root football.
It will be run in Nairobi, Kitale, Kilifi and Thika.
In a partnership with street football, Transforming Young Stars of Africa (TYSA) and Bundesliga club TSG Hoffenheim, the selected youth will focus on several educational and social components from personal development to communication and societal change.
Speaking during the launch, Bundesliga International Head of Marketing Projects and Club activities Daniel Donaldson said:
“As one of the leading sports leagues in the world, we understand that we have a responsibility of making a positive impact in local communities using football
“Bundesliga is renowned for the strong communities built around our unique clubs in Germany.”
Football Kenya Federation CEO Barry Otieno who was present at the launch lauded the Bundesliga International efforts and reiterated the federation’s support for the program.
The ambassadors will participate in weekly educational and football coaching sessions delivered by the organisations supporting the project.
Meanwhile, a workshop has been organised at the MYSA Complex starting February 27 and will run to March 2 by representatives from TSG Hoffenheim.
The workshop will help the ambassadors develop their interpersonal and life skills and experience the unique atmosphere of the Bundesliga games as part of an exclusive watch party on Match-day 24 when Hoffenheim takes on Bayern Munich.
- Many players cannot afford wage cutsFootball 2 days ago
- Neymar donates sh100m to fight coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- ‘Do not take African people as human guinea pigs’- Didier Drogba decries ‘racist’ Coronavirus remarksSports 2 days ago
- Coronavirus-free Tajikistan turns to soccer as season kicks offFootball 2 days ago
- Ex-Man Utd striker Berbatov says Liverpool fully deserve titleFootball 2 days ago
- Coronavirus fight: Xavi donates Sh114 million to Barcelona hospitalFootball 1 day ago
- Premier League stars warned of Sh25 billion shortfall in virus wage cut rowPremier League 1 day ago