All eyes on local stars for Kenya Open
Eight local golf professionals will fly the Kenyan flag during the Kenya Open slated for March 12-15 at Karen Country Club.
This is after a rigorous qualifying 11-round series, the Safari Golf Tour.
Last year’s edition of the Magical Kenya Open was the first under the European Tour status, which elevated the tournament to the big money league. Italian Guido Migliozzi, now 23, won the top prize, which incidentally was his maiden European Tour title, all made the sweeter coming in his rookie season.
Simon Ngige was Kenya’s highest-ranked player with a dramatic final day display.
This year, Standard Group with its flagship brand, KTN News, are the official broadcast partners with The Standard Newspaper expected to provide riveting coverage of the show-stopper golf tournament in Africa.
- Reports: Delayed Tokyo Olympics likely to open in July 2021Football 2 days ago
- Cancel the league if it can’t be finished by June - Harry KaneFootball 2 days ago
- Only 479 days to go: Tokyo resets the clock on OlympicsFootball 2 days ago
- Mourinho to take Spurs training via video amid coronavirus lockdownFootball 2 days ago
- Messi announces additional Barca pay cut to help employeesFootball 1 day ago
- For point guard Akinyi, it's one step at a timeBasketball 1 day ago
- Fiorentina, Torino presidents say Serie A season unlikely to finishFootball 1 day ago