Chapa Dimba: Nairobi region finals to be held in Jamhuri High
Eight teams will this weekend battle it out to be crowned Nairobi champions in the ongoing Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom youth tournament. The capital city’s regional finals will be held at Jamhuri High School on Saturday and Sunday.
In the boys’ category, last season’s winners South B United from Starehe failed to make it past the group stages, setting the stage for new winners to be crowned. Meanwhile last season’s girls’ champions Acakoro Ladies from Kasarani will be looking to successfully defend their title.
“There has been better documentation this season which has seen a lot more teams registered, making the competition tough right from the kickoff.
“I would like to encourage the teams to uphold discipline so as to avoid disqualification,” said James Omondi, Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom Nairobi Region Coordinator.
Over 100 teams took to the field in the Nairobi qualifiers with four boys’ teams, Kenya School of Government (KSG) from Westlands, Dagoretti Mixed Boys, Hakati Sportiff from Makadara and Brookshine Academy from Kasarani joining four girls’ teams, Acakoro, St Anne’s Eaglets from Makadara, Kibagare from Westlands and Beijing Raiders from Starehe in the regional finals.
The winning teams will walk away with Sh200,000 each and a chance to represent the region in the national finals set for June. The runners up will pocket Sh100,000 with a host of individual prizes set to be won by the best players.
The regional finals will begin with mentorship clinics on Friday where players will be imparted with life skills necessary to lead successful careers on and off the pitch.
- Coronavirus fight: Xavi donates Sh114 million to Barcelona hospitalFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League stars warned of Sh25 billion shortfall in virus wage cut rowPremier League 2 days ago
- Premier League club could run out of money by August, says chairmanFootball 2 days ago
- Nicaraguan footballers playing on but players fear coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- Man City says will not ask government to pay staffFootball 2 days ago
- FIFA draws up guidelines to tackle pay-cut complaintsFootball 2 days ago
- Rooney calls pay cut pressure on players a 'disgrace'Football 2 days ago