Achieng to face Tanzanian Daudi in March
Kenya’s Sarah Achieng will fight Happy Daudi of Tanzania in a Commonwealth super lightweight title fight at Kenyatta International Convention Centre, on March 14.
This is the first time meeting between the two boxers in a title fight, which fell vacant after holder Judy Wagudi of Kenya was stripped off the belt title after she failed to defend it by September last year as was stipulated in the title fight.
Meanwhile, African Boxing Union, ABU, champion Rayton Okwiri is among the final squad of 13 boxers who left the country yesterday for the African Olympic Qualifiers that begin on Thursday in Dakar, Senegal.
The Boxing Federation of Kenya named the final squad of 13 boxers who will be seeking to seal their place in the Tokyo games.
- Du Plessis yearns for Kenya Cup sweetness with Kabras SugarRugby 2 days ago
- Economic crisis from coronavirus begins to bite in European footballFootball 2 days ago
- Football federation offers clubs loans to pay billsFootball 2 days ago
- Federer donates Sh100 million to vulnerable Swiss in coronavirus crisisTennis 2 days ago
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Anthony Joshua responds to coronavirus fears after Prince Charles diagnosisBoxing 2 days ago
- World champion Joshua in self-isolation after meeting Prince CharlesBoxing 2 days ago