Chapa Dimba show set for Machakos
Machakos will host the finals of Eastern regional Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom youth tournament at Kenyatta Stadium on February 8-9.
New champions are expected after last season’s champions, Super Solico and St Mary’s Ndovea were eliminated at the grassroots.
Black Panther from Meru, St Daniel’s High School from Chuka, Tumaini Secondary school from Makueni and Moyale’s Biashara FC will battle it out in the boys’ semi-final
“Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom is one of the few tournaments where despite the outcome of the game, the teams walk away feeling victorious. This season, the stakes are high. Unlike the previous seasons, the team’s documentation was in order which allowed us to register a high number of teams intensifying the competition,” said Iddi Badi, Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom Eastern region coordinator.
In girls’ semis, Season one-time regional champions Ngaaka Talents from Makueni seeks to regain glory but first they must shrug off stiff competition from Chuka Univerisity Starlets, Isiolo Queens and Maabuu Queens from Moyale.
Players’ life skills and mentorship clinics will be held on February 7 to kick ahead of the regional finals. Sh200,000 is up for grabs for the winners and with that an opportunity to represent the region at the national finals set for June where Sh1 million will be at stake. The runner up team will pocket Sh100,000 with other prizes for exceptional players.
An all-star team comprising 32 boys and girls will at the end of the regional finals be selected to attend a 10-day training camp in Spain where they will play against top Spanish La Liga Football academies.
- Johanna Omolo Foundation donates food to Dandora residents amid looming Coronavirus curfew in KenyaFootball 2 days ago
- Coronavirus: Israel-based Chemos fears for his lifeVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Athletes qualified for Tokyo 2020 to keep spots in 2021Football 2 days ago
- Doping: Coronavirus will not be opportunity for drug cheats says WADA chiefAthletics 2 days ago
- Return of Premier League football: English leagues say facing difficult decisions over virus impactFootball 2 days ago
- Listen to former FKF boss Hatimy, Twaha tells MwendwaFootball 1 day ago
- Former international players urge for respect on FIFA's stand on FKF ElectionsFootball 1 day ago