Volleyball: Malkia skipper Moim joins KCB
KCB women volleyball team has signed Mercy Moim, the national volleyball captain as they gear up for the 2020 season.
The 31-year-old has inked a three-year deal and will join recently signed Edith Wisa, Ugandan Sharon Amito, Sharon Chepchumba, and a duo of setter Immaculate Nekesa and libero Sharon Sandui from Kwathanze Secondary school.
“The new signings will add depth to the squad as we challenge for continental glory. It is imperative for us to prepare well for the season. We have our sights clearly set on the goal to not only maintain our stellar performance but to do much more,” said KCB Group Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Judith Sidi-Odhiambo, who is also the team patron.
The KCB Bank Kenya backed team— which is preparing for this year’s Africa Women club championship—has been revamping its squad since the late last year in what has also seen it bring in experienced tactician Paul Bitok as the new technical advisor. Moim has had a remarkable volleyball career in the last 14 years both locally and in Europe.
The 31-year-old will team up with other national team regulars Noel Murambi, Violet Makuto, Jemima Siangu and Leonida Kasaya.
“I am excited to join the KCB team; I believe that we will record massive success on the court in various outings,” said Moim.
- Bournemouth player tests positive for COVID-19Premier League 1 day ago
- MLS 'exploring scenarios' for possible return to actionFootball 2 days ago
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic suffers potential career-ending injury – reportsGossip & Rumours 12 hours ago
- Bundesliga stat suggests home advantage has disappeared behind closed doors Football 9 hours ago
- Van Persie recalls being slapped by ex-Man United boss Van GaalFootball 1 day ago
- Gym closures force Kenyan sports champions to train by roadsideAthletics 13 hours ago
- Eid al-Fitr! Sports stars across the world celebrate end of RamadanFootball 1 day ago