Nanyuki to host Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom tournament
Nanyuki Stadium will be the centre of action as teams battle it out in the Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom tournament.
With defending champion Euronuts out of the tournament after they were knocked out in the group stage, Central region will have a new champion in the boy’s category.
In the girls’ category, Laikipia’s Falling Waters FC will be seeking to maintain their top form as they chase to defend the title and bag a slot to the national finals.
“The hardest bit about being the top team, is remaining there. We do not take it lightly that we managed to become Season Two Central region winners and our goal is to successfully defend the title,” said Falling Waters FC head coach Emman Gullit.
Falling Waters will take on Karima Queens from Nyeri in the first girls’ semifinal while last season’s losing finalists, Limuru Starlets will battle Achiever’s Queens from Thika in the second semifinal tomorrow.
In the first boys’ semifinal, Ulinzi Youth from Laikipia will play Kiamatugu Boys from Kirinyaga as JYSA from Thika take on Irigiro from Maragua in the other semifinal.
The winning team in both boys’ and girls’ categories will walk home with Sh200,000 on Sunday and bag an opportunity to represent the region at the national finals in June, in Mombasa.
The runner-up will take home Sh100,000 with a host of individual prizes up for grabs for the best performing players.
The winners will join North Eastern’s Berlin FC from Garissa, Coast region’s Yanga FC from Malindi and Kwale Ladies where Sh1 million will be up for grabs for the winner at the nationals.
Two coaching and scouting clinics conducted by certified La Liga coaches have this season been included in the tournament with the first one being done in Mombasa and the next set for February 22-23 in Nairobi.
- Athletes qualified for Tokyo 2020 to keep spots in 2021Football 2 days ago
- Doping: Coronavirus will not be opportunity for drug cheats says WADA chiefAthletics 2 days ago
- Return of Premier League football: English leagues say facing difficult decisions over virus impactFootball 2 days ago
- Listen to former FKF boss Hatimy, Twaha tells MwendwaFootball 2 days ago
- Former international players urge for respect on FIFA's stand on FKF ElectionsFootball 1 day ago
- Juventus players agree to take pay reduction in Sh10 billion cost-cutFootball 1 day ago
- Chelsea player reveals difficulty of separation from children due to coronavirusFootball 1 day ago