Beach Volleyball: Kenya eyes 2020 Olympics slot
Kenya women's beach volleyball coach Sammy Mulinge is convinced he has a generation of players who can make it to this year’s Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
“The players I have are new to beach volleyball and ready to stay on top of the game for years to come,” said Mulinge in reference to Yvonne Wavinya, Brackcides Agala, Gaudencia Makokha and captain Phosca Kasisi who qualified for the second round of the Africa Zone Five championships set for next month.
Speaking from Dar es salaam, Tanzania yesterday, Mulinge said the four will not rest until thy bag the have continued to gain the needed exposure to enable them qualify for the Olympic Games.
- What awaits Sports PS Okudo following Uhuru Kenyatta’s Cabinet reshuffleSports 2 days ago
- Picking Tokyo team leaves Athletics Kenya bosses with sleepless nightsAthletics 2 days ago
- Bandari set sights on Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Cup defenceFootball 2 days ago
- Marita eyes league title after scoring on Tusker debutFootball 2 days ago
- Sportsman living with disability: Mutai, Mushai face-off in this year's Soya galaAthletics 2 days ago
- Why Kamworor will skip Africa cross country Athletics 2 days ago
- Billionaire who sold his Arsenal stake to Gunners’ owner secures naming rights to new Everton stadiumFootball 2 days ago