Rugby: Kabras Sugar confident of signing Okoth
Kenya Cup League leaders Kabras Sugar are confident of signing Nakuru RFC fly half Walter Okoth after the Oginga Odinga Road based club raised an objection that the sugar millers did not follow the due process of acquiring the player.
Kabras Sugar chairman Philip Jalang’o confirmed the new development saying they had tabled Sh 50,000 for acquisition of the player since he was not contracted as per Kenya Rugby Union regulations.
“At the end of the day, we’ll have him playing for us in our next match,” Jalang’o told Standard Sports in a post-match interview after they defeated Nakuru RFC 38-0 in a Kenya Cup League match.
Kabras Sugar hosts Kenya Harlequins in Kakamega on Saturday.
- Big kick off: FKF versus Sports RegistrarSports 1 day ago
- World champions South Africa to play 13 Tests this yearRugby 2 days ago
- Former FIFA boss charged in SwitzerlandFootball 1 day ago
- Federer has knee surgery, will miss French OpenTennis 1 day ago
- Arsenal boss Arteta hails Saka impact after win at OlympiakosFootball 19 hours ago
- Blow for Liverpool: Henderson ruled out for three weeks with injuryPremier League 9 hours ago
- How world football players’ union plan to support players who walk off over racismFootball 2 days ago