AFC Leopards head coach Cassa Mbungo resigns
AFC Leopards head coach Andre Cassa Mbungo has resigned from the club.
Mbungo tendered his resignation on Saturday due to the club failing to pay him for the last five months.
"I had highlighted my plight with the management for quite some time but they seem not to be keen to pay me. I have been patient enough but it's time to quit the club,” the Rwandan tactician told a local daily.
Things have not been going well for the club since SportPesa withdrew their sponsorship in August following a prolonged tax dispute with the Government.
Mbungo, who joined the club in February and helped them avoid relegation, signed a new two-year deal with the former league giants in May.
Before Mbungo’s appointment, Serbian Marko Vasilejevic resigned following a 4-1 loss away to Bandari FC in Mombasa in a league match.
- Harry Maguire to take charge right away after Young's departure Football 2 days ago
- Top rugby player forced to abandon career after serious spinal injuryRugby 2 days ago
- Bruno Fernandes future is 'still unclear' amid Man United linksGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Toothless Atletico beaten at tiny EibarFootball 2 days ago
- Tottenham escape routes continue to elude WanyamaFootball 1 day ago
- The ugly side of Kenya Morans’ history-making feat at Nyayo gymnasium [Photos]Basketball 1 day ago
- Five women to watch at the Australian Open [Photos] Tennis 1 day ago