KPL: Stima lick Chemelil Sugar as Homeboyz beat Nzoia
Western Stima bounced back against relegation threatened Chemelil Sugar with a 2-1 victory in a Kenyan Premier League match at Muhoroni yesterday.
Brian Wanga gave the hosts the lead five minutes into the second half before Stima responded with two quick goals in the 62nd and 64th minutes through Baron Oketch and Salim Sudi to seal all the three points.
Speaking after the win, Stima coach Salim Babu lauded his charges for not giving up despite conceding early.
“The early Chemelil goal gave the hosts morale and momentum but I am happy with the way we responded. To come from behind and win was encouraging,” he said.
The win saw Stima move to fourth in the standings with 21 points as Chemelil poor run continued having failed to register a win this campaign.
In Mumias, Kakamega Homeboyz edged out Nzoia Sugar 2-1 to cut Gor Mahia’s lead to two points in the KPL standings in a match played at Mumias Sports Complex.
Robert Abonga gave the hosts a 57 minute lead before Hamisi Mwinyi leveled the scores 20 minutes from time.
Allan Wanga would then score in extra time to hand Nicolas Muyoti his seventh win of the season.
Only two matches were played yesterday and another two on Friday.
- Tyler Onyango: The Everton midfielder tipped to star in future [Photos] Football 2 days ago
- Schools: Coast teams prepare for tourneys in MombasaSports 2 days ago
- RFUEA Grounds set to host 2020 Safari 7s for the third time in a rowRugby 21 hours ago
- AFC marksman’s secret behind shirt number 34 revealedFootball 1 day ago
- United charged by FA over players misconductPremier League 1 day ago
- Venus Williams outclassed by 15-year-old ‘on a mission to be the greatest’Tennis 2 days ago
- Manchester United beaten 2-0 by LiverpoolFootball 2 days ago