KPL: Stima lick Chemelil Sugar as Homeboyz beat Nzoia
Western Stima bounced back against relegation threatened Chemelil Sugar with a 2-1 victory in a Kenyan Premier League match at Muhoroni yesterday.
Brian Wanga gave the hosts the lead five minutes into the second half before Stima responded with two quick goals in the 62nd and 64th minutes through Baron Oketch and Salim Sudi to seal all the three points.
Speaking after the win, Stima coach Salim Babu lauded his charges for not giving up despite conceding early.
“The early Chemelil goal gave the hosts morale and momentum but I am happy with the way we responded. To come from behind and win was encouraging,” he said.
The win saw Stima move to fourth in the standings with 21 points as Chemelil poor run continued having failed to register a win this campaign.
In Mumias, Kakamega Homeboyz edged out Nzoia Sugar 2-1 to cut Gor Mahia’s lead to two points in the KPL standings in a match played at Mumias Sports Complex.
Robert Abonga gave the hosts a 57 minute lead before Hamisi Mwinyi leveled the scores 20 minutes from time.
Allan Wanga would then score in extra time to hand Nicolas Muyoti his seventh win of the season.
Only two matches were played yesterday and another two on Friday.
- Lakers and Western Jaguars win Eregi Open tourneyHockey 4 hours ago
- Five amazing facts about Kenyan teenager Wilkins Ochieng Football 5 hours ago
- LeBron James James’ heartbreaking tribute to Kobe BryantBasketball 2 hours ago
- FA Cup: Manchester United beat Tranmere 6-0Football 1 day ago
- Tusker Safari Tour golf: Greg Snow digs in for a fight heading into third round at Sigona todayGolf 19 hours ago
- Arsenal’s injury crisis worsens at Bournemouth Football 9 hours ago
- Another NBA star passes away 'unexpectedly'Basketball 7 hours ago