Rugby: Masinde Muliro lecture USIU on how to win ties
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST RFC) registered their second win of the season after edging out United States International University-Africa (USIU) RFC15-3 in a KRU Championship match at MMUST Grounds, over the weekend.
Tyson Juma gave the students a 3-0 lead from a converted penalty before USIU captain Eliud Mulakoli tied the scores with another penalty before the hosts took a 10-3 halftime lead through a Felix Wamocho touchdown and Juma’s conversion.
The Kakamega-based students then wrapped up the match after Timothy Mmasi crossed over the white wash to hand coach Ahaya Ochieng his second successive win.
“We played well and with determination which was good in front of our home fans. We have to maintain the tempo and win our next game,” Ochieng said.
In Nairobi, Strathmore Leos maintained their perfect start in the championship after defeating hosts Mean Machine 17-16 in the battle of the varsities at the University of Nairobi.
Speaking after the win, Leos captain Gabriel Adero said they are taking each game at a time and are focused towards returning to Kenya Cup.
“The team is hungry for matches as we cannot wait to get back to where we belong; the Kenya Cup. However, we are going to take it easy as the championship this season is quite competitive,” he said.
Catholic Monks bounced backed to winning ways after cruising to a 30 -10 win over visiting South Coast Pirates at their Lang’ata campus while Northern Suburbs registered their first win of the season with a 33-7 result over Mombasa.
The University of Eldoret Trojans won the Eldoret derby after edging hosts Eldoret RFC 7-6 at the Eldoret Sports Club.
Leos lead in the standings with nine points from two wins followed respectively by University of Eldoret and MMUST both tied in second with eight points.
- Arsenal boss Arteta hails Saka impact after win at OlympiakosFootball 2 days ago
- Salazar link hit me financially and emotionally, says FarahAthletics 2 hours ago
- Ajowi among six Kenyan boxers given first round byesBoxing 2 days ago
- Blow for Liverpool: Henderson ruled out for three weeks with injuryPremier League 1 day ago
- Federer has knee surgery, will miss French OpenTennis 2 days ago
- It’s try time as star Ouma recalled ahead of USA legRugby 2 days ago
- Eriksen scores first Inter goal, Ajax lose, United heldFootball 2 days ago